How to Prep Step to Increase your Range on the Diamond
Oct 15, 2020
Make the most out of working in a small area!
One of our favorite drills to do indoors and outdoors is called the Prep Step Drill. You can do this is a small area and work on first step quickness and taking the correct angles to the ball.
The key to doing the prep step correctly is to keep your feet moving while the pitcher is getting ready to deliver the pitch. As the ball is entering the hitting zone, the players feet should be hitting the ground to allow for the quickest first step to the ball. Work on drop steps, ground balls or slow rollers and work on the players timing so there is no wasted step!
* Keep the feet moving during the pitchers delivery!
* Feet should hit the ground as the ball is entering the hitting zone!
* Keep an eye on their first step quickness - no false steps!
* Take the correct angles to the ball!
Baseball and Softball Coaches ...
Are you struggling with unorganized, ineffective practices?
Do your kids get bored easily and is there too much standing around?
Do you need help with creative drills? We have the solution!
- You'll learn fun practice and warm up drills that get results
- You'll get access to over 100 videos that teach drills and set ups
- How to set up Training Stations
- Pre-made Lineup Cards
- Downloadable Field Utilization Chart
- Practice Plans
- Warm-up Routines
- And so much more!